The 7 hour drive to Oshkosh from Indianapolis this year was well worth the effort. Four days and three nights of forums, talking to vendors and observing air shows and more airplanes than one can imagine culminated Saturday morning at MT-PROPELLER's booth:
MT-PROPELLERS: Following three days of coordinating engine, instrumentation, control functions and propeller information, I came to the conclusion that mt-propeller's Variable Pitch, 3-Bladed, 63" OD propeller was the best choice to absorb the 141 HP generated by ROTAX's 915 iS, engine. Rachel and I will not only visit their German based factory, but will also promote MT-PROPELLERS, worldwide, during our 2021 around-the-world trip.
ROTAX 915 iS Engine: Four days of discussions with many of ROTAX's representatives generated the following details:
- The 915 iS can burn either General Aviation Fuel (unavailable in 75% of countries, worldwide), or Auto Fuel with a 91 or greater Anti Knock Index like SWIFT fuel. Search availability at www.flyunleaded.com.
- ROTAX's Installation Manual is, now, on-line with CG's, electrical & fuel line interfaces and cooling requirements.
- Single-lever (prop pitch/engine power) control using Stock System's computer controller that sets the propeller pitch at an optimum setting.
- Prop stops windmilling at 135 mph due to reduction gears.
- ROTAX representatives expressed an interest in assisting us finish N724DT.
SteinAir, Inc: The panel maker worked with us to upgrade our panel to include an Intercom and a digital ILS-VOR in place of an analogue version. We will also be replacing Electronic International Engine Instruments with Stock System's Engine Module and their one-lever, computerized control display module.